Published on September 26th, 2016 | by Contributor
My name is Anders. I am a IKEA IT Technician from Sweden that really like drums and drumming. I needed a nice way to display my drum sticks. Ikeahackers.net is a great inspiration but I did not find anything that suited me. Then I thought, why not hack something? Here is what I came up with.
This is what I used:
1 STAJLIG Multifunction hanger, white in/outdoor. Article Number: 103.170.70
1 STAJLIG Hanger, in/outdoor, white 5 pack. Article Number: 002.914.19
1 BESTÅ Frame, white. Article Number: 002.459.17
1 BESTÅ Suspension rail, silver-colour. Article Number: 302.848.46
1 DIODER LED 4-piece lighting strip set, white. Article Number: 001.194.19
Some drills, a screwdriver, a knife, a clamp, a small bolt cutters and a
1. First I mounted the BESTÅ frame. The frame has brackets for legs but I chose to turn that side up and not use the legs.
2. To make the holder I cut the STAJLIG Multifunction hanger at the top with the small bolt cutters so I got a long piece to use to bend it.
3. Before bending the holder I heated it up a little with the heater. Not too much. I could still hold it with my hands. If I did not heat it up the paint would crack when I bend it.
4. To bend the holder I fastened it with a clamp and then bent it by hand.
5. After bending to right shape I cut it to right length.
6. To stop the sticks from gliding I made a bracket from a STAJLIG Hanger.
7. The holder and bracket was fasten by drilling holes in the bottom and back of the BESTÅ frame. I used a tape on the drill so I shouldn’t drill too deep.
8. The final touch was to mount the DIODER LED lights. BESTÅ frame has a predrilled hole for adjusting the legs. I used that for the wire to one light bar and drilled one more for the other.
I cut the cover nobs for the leg brackets with a knife so the wire would fit.
After mounting the BESTÅ frame to the wall using BESTÅ Suspension rail I am really happy with the result.
~ by Anders Berglund, Sweden
Back to Top ↑
Recommended for you
HACK OF THE YEAR
View all: Posts in chronological order |
Hacks of the Year | Ideas of the Year
Support IKEAHackers! .